South America weather:
- Showers are working through Brazil in the short term, from today through the weekend, with totals of 1-2.5”, stretching from Matto Grosso through Goias and through most of south/southeast Brazil, and coverage will be 80% of key crop areas.
- Next week, the action gets more hit and miss, with moisture in Matto Grosso on Monday-Tuesday.
- A drier trend is developing through the rest of next week, Tuesday afternoon-Friday, from Goias eastward through Bahia, Minas Gerais, into Sao Paulo and Parana.
- It doesn’t mean there won’t be any rains, with the possibility of .5-1” or less in those areas over the week, with coverage at about 60%.
- Lighter precipitation totals out west Tuesday-Friday, with Matto Grosso picking up .5-1.5” out there with 80% coverage.
- Closer to next weekend, they’ll see standard hit and miss action, so good rains that shouldn’t slow any kind of harvest progress or planting as well.
- Temps in Brazil are normal to slightly above, with the warmest air over the drier areas in the northeast.
- Argentina is in the midst of a fairly dry push as strong high pressure sits over Buenos Aires province and will keep the region dry from today-early next week.
- Monday-Tuesday should be dry next week before showers come together Tuesday night-Wednesday, bringing .5-.75” totals to 60% of Argentina, with the focus to the south in BA, southern Entre Rios, and Cordoba.
- As the front lifts further north it dissipates, so totals will be .25” or less in northern Argentina growing areas.
- Days 6-10 of the forecast period show a little moisture out west but it’s basically sprinkles, so I like a mostly dry period from late Thursday-Sunday out toward the end of the ten day period.
- Temps in Argentina will be normal to slightly below.
Ukraine/Black Sea region:
- Strong gusty winds continue to howl over the area and temps are pushing a bit below normal for the rest of this week.
- As they go through the weekend into early next week, temps get back closer to normal.
- A strong surface high sits over the region from Saturday-Tuesday, with moisture trying to develop on the backside of the high on Tuesday night-Wednesday, possibly bringing light snows to central Ukraine.
- Very cold air continues to hold over central and southern Russia while above normal temps push into western Ukraine.
- As the high sits over the region for the next 10 days, there’s a likelihood of more below normal temps than above.
- The key is no precipitation for the most part, just a few sprinkles here and there is all they’ll see.