South America weather:
- Showers are working through Brazil this weekend, with overall totals of 1-2.5”, stretching from Matto Grosso through Goias and covering most of south/southeast Brazil with coverage at 80% of key crop areas.
- Next week, will feature more of a hit and miss pattern, with moisture in Matto Grosso on Monday-Tuesday.
- Tuesday afternoon-Friday, things begin to dry out from Goias eastward through Bahia, Minas Gerais, into Sao Paulo and Parana.
- It doesn’t mean there won’t be any rains, with the possibility of .5-1” or less in those areas over the week, with coverage at about 60%.
- Lighter precipitation totals out west Tuesday-Friday, with Matto Grosso picking up .5-1.5” out there with 80% coverage.
- Closer to next weekend, they’ll see standard hit and miss action, with decent rains that really shouldn’t slow down harvest or planting activity in most areas.
- Temps in Brazil are normal to slightly above, with the warmest air over the drier areas in the northeast.
- Argentina is in the midst of a fairly dry push as strong high pressure sits over Buenos Aires province and will keep the region dry from today-early next week.
- The week starts dry on Monday-Tuesday before showers come together Tuesday night-Wednesday, bringing .5-.75” totals to 60% of Argentina, with the focus to the south in BA, southern Entre Rios, and Cordoba.
- The front dissipates as it lifts north, so totals will be .25” or less in northern Argentina growing areas.
- Days 6-10 of the forecast period show a little moisture out west but it’s basically sprinkles, so I like a mostly dry period from late Thursday-Sunday out toward the end of the ten-day period.
- Temps in Argentina will be normal to slightly below.
Ukraine/Black Sea region:
- Temps in the region are trying to move back closer to normal over the weekend into early next week.
- A strong surface high sits over the region from Saturday-Tuesday, with moisture trying to develop on the backside of the high on Tuesday night-Wednesday, possibly bringing light snows to central Ukraine.
- Above normal temps are pushing into western Ukraine while very cold air continues to hold over central and southern Russia.
- As the high sits over the region for the next 10 days, there’s a likelihood of more below normal temps than above.
- The key is no precipitation for the most part, just a few sprinkles here and there is all they’ll see.